Merchant City Yoga, Glasgow
Our studio is situated right in the heart of the city and we’re easy to get to if you’re coming by public transport or if you’re driving. Here’s how to find us and if you need directions. If you want to to know about parking then have a read at our FAQ’s.
If you’re looking to book your space on the next yoga teacher training course then drop us an email here, say hello and we can take it from there.
Core Yoga Practice
- Philosophical and Spiritual Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Asanas – For personal practice we are working with the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series in addition to studying Hatha, Sivananda, Iyengar and Vinyasa Flow styles
- Anatomy and Physiology – covering all the body systems and understanding how yoga acts on them with additional tuition in Anatomy for Yoga.
- Pranayama – the science behind the breath
- Relaxation and Meditation techniques
- Yoga for special circumstances, i.e: back pain, pregnancy, children, seniors, etc.
Teaching Practice Essentials
- Hands-on Skills for adjusting in postures
- Guidance for Self-Practice and Personal Development
- Nadis, Chakras, Bandhas and Kriyas
- Kirtan and the use of music, mantras and chanting
- Tutorials in Qigong, NLP, Alexander Technique and Nutrition to develop a sound holistic approach to yoga teaching;
- Myers Briggs Personality Profiling for building self-awareness to teach
- The Business of Yoga including setting up your classes Marketing, Accounting & Insurance
- A 4-hour Emergency First Aid Course will also be made available to all students out with the course hours.
COURSE DATES 2018-2019
Friday evenings: 6.30 – 9.30 pm
Refreshments will be included
Saturdays: 9am – 6pm
Vegetarian lunch and refreshments will be included
Plus TWO Sunday mornings:
8am – 12pm – February and June 2018